The last few weeks I have been going through a Bible study with some amazing girls. Together we are trying to figure out where God has called each one of us.
In the study we have listed things that bring us great joy, and also things that have brought us great suffering. We are learning how to use our gifts for God. Jennie Allen in her book Restless says "to hide our gifts or to deny them, or to compare and wish them away is not only taking from yourself; it is taking from God, his church, and a world that needs to see the expression of God you bring. It's the expression he designed you to bring."
I ask myself what was the expression I was designed to bring?
I want to inspire and empower, I want to create and live life in fellowship. How can I use those for God? In what areas should I invest in? When I was young I wanted to invest in EVERYTHING and now I realize that was foolish because I wasn't able to give my best to everything. As I mature I realize I want to invest in a few meaningful things, that will hopefully impact the world in some way.
I am excited for the road laid out ahead!! Let us go forward and move towards the expression we were designed to bring to this world.

No comments:
Post a Comment