This past Sunday the message really struck home (you can listen to it here). The message was about spiritual erosion.
Relational erosion, physical erosion, any type of erosion is a slow process. It doesn't happen over night and sometimes you don't even realize it is happening.
Pastor Don pointed out three things that happen when spiritual erosion is occurring in our lives.
1.Spiritual Erosion is underway when disobedience to God is rationalized away.
2.Spiritual Erosion is underway when we become casual about the holiness of God.
3.Spiritual Erosion is underway when we are willing to live with unresolved relational conflict.
I need to work on all three.
But the one that stuck out to me the most was "Spiritual Erosion is underway when we are willing to live with unresolved relational conflict".
I am not someone who likes to fight, truthfully I try to avoid drama of any kind at all cost. But regardless of that I still feel like there are certain people in my life that I have conflict with.
To confront someone takes strength and wisdom to say the correct words. Quite frankly it's easier to just avoid them.
The pride side of me wants to ignore it, the humble side of me wants to address the conflict.
Then I think to myself, maybe the person with which I am having conflict doesn't feel the same way...Maybe I am blowing things out of proportion and just need to let things go. I start rationalizing reasons why I should not confront them.
And then I read this verse,
Romans 12:18 NASB
If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
God shows me that I am currently not living in that way. But again pride says "they don't matter". The reality is, I am afraid of people's reaction in confrontation. I keep playing the situation in my head and see them putting their defenses up and then gossiping to the rest of the world. However my intentions are for us to grow, be inspired, and move forward.
I guess I'm stuck...To confront or not confront?...That is the question.
My prayer for you this week is that unlike me you are bold and strong and are able to confront people so that you may "be at peace with all men".
Be bold friend.
Relational erosion, physical erosion, any type of erosion is a slow process. It doesn't happen over night and sometimes you don't even realize it is happening.
Pastor Don pointed out three things that happen when spiritual erosion is occurring in our lives.
1.Spiritual Erosion is underway when disobedience to God is rationalized away.
2.Spiritual Erosion is underway when we become casual about the holiness of God.
3.Spiritual Erosion is underway when we are willing to live with unresolved relational conflict.
I need to work on all three.
But the one that stuck out to me the most was "Spiritual Erosion is underway when we are willing to live with unresolved relational conflict".
I am not someone who likes to fight, truthfully I try to avoid drama of any kind at all cost. But regardless of that I still feel like there are certain people in my life that I have conflict with.
To confront someone takes strength and wisdom to say the correct words. Quite frankly it's easier to just avoid them.
The pride side of me wants to ignore it, the humble side of me wants to address the conflict.
Then I think to myself, maybe the person with which I am having conflict doesn't feel the same way...Maybe I am blowing things out of proportion and just need to let things go. I start rationalizing reasons why I should not confront them.
And then I read this verse,
Romans 12:18 NASB
If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
God shows me that I am currently not living in that way. But again pride says "they don't matter". The reality is, I am afraid of people's reaction in confrontation. I keep playing the situation in my head and see them putting their defenses up and then gossiping to the rest of the world. However my intentions are for us to grow, be inspired, and move forward.
I guess I'm stuck...To confront or not confront?...That is the question.
My prayer for you this week is that unlike me you are bold and strong and are able to confront people so that you may "be at peace with all men".
Be bold friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment