I think I had my mid-life crisis at 18 or 20... I know I'm crazy. It was on my birthday and I couldn't believe how old I had turned. I started to cry, mind you I'm not one who likes to cry especially not in front of people. For some reason the only thing I could think of was "what have I done with my life to this point?" I was anxious and felt as if I was running out of time. I felt like I hadn't yet made the impact that I wanted to make in this world.
Now at 25 I realized I really just want to impact the people I meet and speak with on a day to day basis. I realized that my legacy is not going to be based on health, appearance, money, house , car etc but instead on the people I speak with and engage with.
I went on my first mission trip when I was 16 and every morning they had us repeat this declaration:
"Today, I will live honorably through my thoughts, actions, and speech. I choose to be full of faith; I will not only be a hearer but a doer of the Word of God. I will serve before I demand, I will love and not hate, and I will give before I take. Today, I choose to make a difference in this world and to be a part of something bigger than myself. I choose to dedicate my life to prayer and ask God for His miraculous power and the courage to do the impossible. I will make Godly relationships a priority in my life as I esteem others higher than myself. Today, I will live my life in such a way that I Will Change the World. "
Imagine the legacy we could leave if we lived our lives in this way. Imagine how our lives would look if we choose to dedicate our lives to prayer and to be a doer of the word of God. Let us leave a legacy in this world that ultimately brings all glory unto God.

No comments:
Post a Comment