Currently in my life my husband and I are working on refurbishing our first home, I am working full-time, and I am a full-time grad student. With every area of my life I like to give the very best of myself. So when I am at work I am giving 110% to meet my responsibilities same with school and our home. When I am only physically able to give 90% I stress. Then stress leads to moody Amanda, and nobody wants to be around short-fused moody Amanda. Stress is usually the first indicator that I have not been taking time to find rest in God. I have not taking the time to refresh and find refuge in the living God. I hate when I stress because it is as if I am saying to God; "I know you created the world and all, but this problem it's beyond you, I can handle it but I am not sure you can"
Throughout the stress I feel the need to stop, but I tell myself I don't have time for that, I have too much to do, too much to accomplish. I forget the power that prayer can have over our everyday live.I forget that nothing else matters if I don’t have Jesus.
Today I will pause, and lean on the One who has placed me here for such a time as this.Because nothing else matters… Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Even youths grow tired and weary;and young men stumble and fall;but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles
Philippians 4:6,7
Do
not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in
Christ Jesus.
Isaiah 40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary and young
men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their
strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they
will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
No comments:
Post a Comment