Thursday, October 30, 2014
Simplicity
I want to live simply and somewhere in the mess of work, school and life I somehow lost sight of that. I got sucked into the materialistic wants of this world... I started focusing on things like attire, accessories, electronics... you name it I wanted it.
But that is not the life I want to lead, I want to love and be loved. I want to spend time in moments with friends and family. I want less so that I can worry less, and love more.
This type of thinking I believe is counter cultural. Because even the "cool" hipster kids who portray this image of "I don't care" spend lots of money on their appearance so that they can appear the way they do.
A life of simplicity in which you live with the things you need and not the things that are being pushed on you by advertisements or movie stars is what I am after.
I don't need fancy restaurants or the coolest shoes, I just need God, family, friends, and good food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment