Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Captivated

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" 2 Corinthian 10:5 


Lately this verse has been on my mind as work towards becoming the woman of God He has called me to be.

It's a struggle.

Everyday I fight against my own human thoughts. I love the imagery of taking hold of all of our thoughts keeping them accountable and not letting them over take us, but instead we take them captive and make them obedient to Christ.

I guess I had thought that once I truly pursued Christ, that I would change and that would be it. But what I have been learning is that it is a daily/hourly process.

When I read this verse I am reminded of my brokenness and my constant need for God.

"...and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ"

Humbled by his grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment